Saturday, March 12, 2011

Written Statement 2: Assignment 3

For all of my photos in this critique I was surprised how others responded. There was more focus on the animal photos than I would have expected, since out of all the photos I had up, they were not the ones that I felt made/could have made the most of a statement. The railroad photos also gained attention for the lines created in the photos and the framing. The contrast between black and white was also noticed.
   I feel that for this assignment framing is something that is working well in all of my photos, and not keeping all the photos in a "set"/thematic hurt me. I would like to focus in more onto something and enhance one idea instead of being attracted to many photos that I love.
   For a larger project I would like to take something like my billboard photo and capture more scences that have an urban art theme or work with natural lines/shapes. I would also like to combine the ideas in photos like my railroad photos and the lighter photo to capture something raw and rough about people.

No comments:

Post a Comment