Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog Prompt 23

1) I construct my identity by the choices that I make, the things that I do, etc. I also construct myself by how I look because first impressions do make a difference. I perform my identity by in practically the same way that I construct it. How I look and act is the performance of what I have constructed.

2) My environment is constructed because each place I go has decided on the image they want to have and manipulate their space to best display this image. Furniture, paint colors, design layout, etc. all affect this image and therefore the type of people that are attracted to that place and that limits the environment.

3) Many daily parts of the physical environment are constructed through landscaping and construction. The environment shapes itself and then on top of these naturally constructed spaces people come in and alter these things making them even more unreal and "constructed" to fit a purpose.

4) In my life I would consider more intangible things to be real and physical things to be constructed. Who the people I see are is real- or at least real to me, since you never know how much of what a person projects is something they want to be more than what they fundamentally are. Physical things that are a part of my everyday life are usually altered and unnatural and therefore I see them as constructed.

5) It would be neat to use people to create a scene in which you mix historical events with everyday life scenes, and show in the photograph how unreal it is, and the surprise of both groups at the others actions.

6) My cousin and I used to have this amazing Barbie house that was handmade and beautiful. If we still had it I think it would be fun to use to re-create household scenes within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment