Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Assignment 1: Written Statement Part 2

Interpretations: For the typewriter images people seemed to catch on to the idea of looking back in time. They seemed to like the editing I did on the second image to make the photo have an even more antique feel, but seemed to talk about the first photo more. I didn't show the close up images of the keys too much, but seemed to get a more positive reaction from those photos. They told more of a story. My third photo, of the basement walls/framed photo seemed to create more mixed reactions. The photo was talked about in a more pure structural sense in comparison to focusing on the idea/scene created. The lines created were given a lot of attention along with the frame as a focal point.

Evaluation: I was the first to present so I think I caught the easy end of the critiquing. Based off of everyones critiques, I feel that in all my photos I need to work on creating a sense of purpose and focus better. I shouldn't just keep a photo just because its format is working-people seem to really focus in on the attachment and meanings they can place with a photograph. I will probably work more with enhancing the lighting effects. I think my images are working in their setup and capturing the life behind simple subjects. I felt that my photos made parts of my everyday life more beautiful.


Extension: If I was to work with these photos for another project or a larger project I would probably work more with lighting, adding special effects on the computer to enhance the drama, and add other subjects/props. I feel like the basement angles and typewriter both could be used to create a weird scene with the addition of an oddly placed person or out of place addition to the photo. Other people/objects would also add to the depth of some of the photos which could create interesting comparisons.

No comments:

Post a Comment